Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book Reviews

I just published a number of book reviews. It is not that I had not written them up when I finished the books, it just that I did not get around to publishing.

I am trying to do something different from just more general book reviews. I will give you a link to two or so normal book reviews. I may talk about the subject of the book, or make my own comments on the subject or just talk about a particular aspect or section of a book. I may also provide links to such things as biographical information on the author.

The difference is that I want to connect the book and the author what is available on the internet. This would be such things as the author's website or interviews with the author or YouTube items on the author, the book or talks by the author. I will also provide other links, if I feel they are pertinent.

So you can read the book and then watch a video with the author being interviewed or talking about his book. Or, you can watch the videos and decide if the book will be worthwhile to read.

Restless Empire by Odd Arne Westad.

From the Ruins of Empire by Pankaj Mishra.

Flight of the Eagle by Conrad Black.

The Barbarous Years by Bernard Bailyn.

The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking by Matthew Hutson.

Cooked by Michael Pollan.

Thinking the Twentieth Century, Judt and Snyder.

The Conquest of the Ocean by Brian Lavery.

The Big Shift by Bricker, Ibbitson Bricker, Ibbitson.

On my other blog I am today writing about Chesswood Group Ltd (TSX-CHW, OTC-CHWWF)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment