Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Money Show 2014 - Derek Foster

I went on the main floor into the bull pen for a talk by Derek Foster. His talk was entitled "Idiot-Proof Your Investing That Can Make You a Millionaire".

First he advises to read Moody's Handbook. It lists high dividend achievers. These are companies that have raised their dividend every year for the past 10 years at a minimum.

He says you should look at your revenue stream for retirement, not look for a fixed sum to have at retirement.

He says that Canadian is a high tax country with payroll taxes of UI and Pension. However, if you do not work, you do not have to pay UI or CPP. Therefore a salary of $70,000 is the same as Dividend Income of $35,000.

He has his own Website where you can buy his books and a video series for $40.00

On my other blog I am today writing about Pason Systems Inc. (TSX-PSI, OTC-PSYTF) ... continue ...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment