Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Doing the Same Thing

There is a saying that a sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. However, there is an exception when it comes to computers. You can do the same thing over and over again and then suddenly you get a different result.

I got a PVR from Rogers. I have been having trouble getting Shomi and on Rogers' site it says to reboot the PVR. I did this a number of times yesterday, but it never got past -01-. Of course without the PVR there is no TV either. On Rogers' site they basically say that the PVR is like a computer.

Having long worked with computers I decided to give this another try. This morning I rebooted the PVR and now it is working just fine. I have TV, I have Rogers' On Demand and I have Shomi. My experience with computers has been doing the same thing over and over again sometimes gets you what you want.

On my other blog I am today writing about TransAlta Corp. (TSX-TA, NSYE-TAC) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment