Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Update Notes

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely.

Automodular Corp. (TSX-AM.H, OTC-AMZKF)

This company is now listed on NEX Exchange with Symbol of AM.H. There was an offer from the company in which they offer to buy shares worth up to $15M at a price of $2.55 to $2.65 per share. More people took them up on their offer than they wanted to buy. Price was $2.65 per share.

Looking up the price and dividend information this month I was curious as stock was given a dividend payout of $0.24. However, for tax purposes $2.07 of the offer was deem a dividend. There is a news release on this on Automodular's site.

Bombardier Inc. (TSX-BBD.B, OTC-BDRBF)

This stock has fallen a lot. I paid an average of $.60 a share in 1987 and 1988 for this stock. My ACB is $2.47 because of the tax law of taxing capital gains in February 1994. Today it is worth Bombardier is worth $1.55 a share.

Dividends for this company has been an on and off affair. However, to date I have earned dividends of $2.34 per share.

This is an interesting note saying that Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec will be injecting cash into Bombardier by taking on a larger share of the company.

TransAlta Corp. (TSX-TA, NSYE-TAC)

This stock has also fallen a lot. I paid $14.49 per share in 1987. It is worth $6.45 today. Of course I have collected dividends and these dividends equal $26.30 a share. On their web site, the TransAlta's Chief Financial Officer talks about how they are changing TransAlta.

High Liner Foods (TSX-HLF, NSYE-TAC)

This stock's price has fallen just over 40% so far this year. An article by Spy Hill Research on Seeking Alpha suggests that this would be a good time to buy this stock. They put the recent decline down to a disappointing second quarter. Joseph Solitro of Motley Fool thinks it is a screaming buy.

There are also a couple of articles about insider buying at High Liner Foods. In May 2015 Ted Dixon of the Globe and Mail talks about insider buying. In September of 2015, there is an article on Dakota Financial News of insider buying by a director.

There are some analysts' comments on Stock Chase. James Telfser does not like the balance sheet. The Liquidity Ratio is good at 2.52. The Debt Ratio is a little low at 1.41 where I would like for safety sake to be 1.50 or higher. The Leverage and Debt/Equity Ratios are a little high at 3.45 and 2.45. Well the balance sheet is not great; it is not that bad either. Barry Schwartz says that the company has had one bad quarter and it seemed like to whole world was going to end. He thinks that this makes no sense.

On my other blog I am today writing about K-Bro Linen Inc. (TSX-KBL, OTC-KBRLF) ... available learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment