Monday, December 28, 2015

Dividend Paying Stocks

This is an interesting article I found at Advice for Investors. It says a study shows that from 1900 to 2005, dividends produced 90 per cent of the returns of investors worldwide. It says that this study suggests that investors should pay as much attention to cash dividends as they do to earnings.

This article goes on to talk about how companies may fudge their earnings in order to match analyst's estimates. But you cannot fudge paying dividends in cash.

On my other blog I am today writing Stantec Inc. (TSX-STN, NYSE-STN).. learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment