Tuesday, April 5, 2016

REITs

I follow 11 REITs and Real Estate companies as listed below. I just finished reviewing 5 of these REITs which are listed at the top with links to the reviews and spreadsheets. The others I reviewed last year and links to the reviews and spreadsheets are shown beside these other companies.

Allied Properties (TSX-AP.UN) Review and Spreadsheet.
Canadian Real Estate (TSX-REF.UN) Review and Spreadsheet.
H & R Real Estate Inv. Trust (TSX-HR.UN) Review and Spreadsheet.
Melcor Developments Inc. (TSX-MRD) Review and Spreadsheet.
RIOCAN REIT (TSX-REI.UN) Review and Spreadsheet.

Artis REIT (TSX-AX.UN) Review 1; Review 2and Spreadsheet.
Brookfield Asset Mgt. (TSX-BAM.A) Review 1; Review 2 and Spreadsheet.
Colliers International Group Inc. (TSX-CIG) Review and Spreadsheet. (Spun off from FirstService Corp.)
First Capital Realty (TSX-FCR) Review 1; Review 2 and Spreadsheet.
FirstService Corp (TSX-FSV) Review and Spreadsheet.

Granite Real Estate (TSX-GRT.UN) Review and Spreadsheet.
Smart REIT (TSX-SRU.UN) Review 1; Review 2 and Spreadsheet. (Used to be Calloway Real Estate Inv. Trust (TSX-CWT.UN)

I think that all REITs have a place in Canadian Portfolios. There is a site called REIT Report that list all Canadian REITs and their profile. The Profile basically says what the REIT invests in. On the Real Property Association of Canada you can find a definition of a REIT.

Paul Brent writes in the Globe and Mail last October about how REITs are underpriced according to Rob Sutherland, a Toronto-based analyst who covers the real estate industry. A more recent article in the Globe and Mail talks about a recent REIT report from Dundee Capital. They think that the valuation levels on REITs make them attractive at this time. I tend to agree.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX-SLF, NYSE-SLF)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about Manulife Financial Corp. (TSX-MFC, NYSE-MFC)... learn more on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 around 5 pm.

Also, on my book blog I have put a review of the book Mindware by Richard E. Nisbett learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment