Thursday, April 7, 2016

Women Directors

Of the 149 companies I cover, the median number of Women Directors per company is 2 and the median percentage of Women Directors to all Directors is 18%. I think it is important to look at both figures as there can be a huge variance in how many directors companies have. Of these companies 38 companies or 26% of the companies have only 1 women director. Of these companies 25 companies or 17% have no women directors.

How the different sectors line up is shown in the table below. And the loser is Tech with 63% of the companies having no Women Directors. The winners are Financial and Utilities. The median percentage of Women Directors on their boards is 28% and 25%. All Utilities have at least 1 Women Director. For Financials the only one with no Women Directors is DirectCash Payments Inc. (TSX-DCI, OTC-DCTFF).

This table shows the median number of Women Directors with the median percentage of Women Directors by sector. The next two columns show how many companies have only 1 Women Director and then the percentage of companies that have only one Women Director. The last two columns show how many companies have no Women Directors and the percentage of companies that have no Women Directors by sector.

Sector WD # WD % 1 WD # 1 WD % 0 WD # 0 WD %
Consumer 2 17% 7 23% 8 26%
Real Estate 1 13% 4 33% 5 42%
Financial 3 28% 3 13% 1 4%
Industrial 2 18% 13 36% 5 14%
Resources 2 13% 5 38% 1 8%
Tech 0 0% 1 13% 5 63%
Utilities 2 25% 5 20% 0 0%


See my spreadsheet on here.

The last stock I wrote about was Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX-SLF, NYSE-SLF)... learn more. The next stock I will write about Toromont Industries Ltd. (TSX-TIH, OTC-TMTNF)... learn more on Friday, April 8, 2016 around 5 pm.

Also, on my book blog I have put a review of the book The Ottoman Centuries by Lord Kinross learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment