Thursday, July 20, 2017

Canadian Banks

This is a great article on Canadian Banks by 5iResearch. It gives lots of great reasons why Canadian bank stocks should be part of every Canadian stock portfolio.

The Canadian banks would not make the US dividend achievers list because they have not grown their dividends for the past 10 years because they all stopped increases because of the 2008 crisis. However, they do have a very long history of dividends and dividend growth.

The banks are now on back on the Canadian Dividend Aristocrats because in Canada we have lower standards for our lists. For the Canadian Dividend Aristocrats list a company need only increase the dividends for the past 5 years.

The reason we have lower standards on dividend achievers is that there are far fewer stocks in Canada than in the US. We do have companies that have increased their dividends for the past 10 or even 25 years, but our lists are very short.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Atlantic Power Corp (TSX-ATP, NYSE-AT)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about Alaris Royalty Corp (TSX-AD, OTC-ALARF)... learn more on Friday, July 21, 2017 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment