Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Merger with US

Diane Francis has a new book out about why Canada should merge with the US. See a review on this book called Merger of the Century here. Here is a review of the book at the Financial Post.

I think that this is an extremely bad idea for Canada. I can see the value of Canada for the US, but not vice versa. The US has just been displaying to everyone how dysfunctional it can be. Our governments are far from perfect, but do we really want to join another country that can be so dysfunctional?

I am not one of those people who think that the US is in decline. I do not believe that. The US will figure out a way forward for themselves. They always do. I just prefer the way Canada operates to the way the US operates. I like being a Canadian. I think that I am very lucky to have been born in Canada. I like the Americans I just do not want to be one. I do not believe that being an American would improve my life.

On my other blog I am today writing about IGM Financial Inc. (TSX-IGM, OTC-IGIFF) continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment