Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WiLan and Waterfurnace

When I was looking at this company and WiLan, I was struck by the fact the WFI was doing real work and earning money. What they are doing could be one of the ways we save our world from some of the environmental damage we have done and also help us get off oil.

WiLan's mode of operation is suing to make money. They sue other the companies on the basis of old tech patents. However, tech changes and I do not believe this is a viable long term basis for a company. You may make some money in the short term, but it is not a company you can stuff into your portfolio for the long term. Also, is WiLan mode of operations good for the economy in the long term? I do not think so.

What would you tell your children? I made money by investing in a patent troll, or I made money my investing in a company with a new way to heat and cool houses and buildings in an environmentally friendly way? What is the better story? What is it they you would be proud to talk of?

On a personal note, it does matter to me how I make my money, what sort of companies I invest in and have in my portfolio and I am earning money from.

On my other blog I am today writing about Waterfurnace Renewable Energy Inc. (TSX-WFI, OTC-WFIFF)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment