Monday, June 16, 2014

Canadian Banks

TD Bank also has interesting weekly video that are easy to watch and last less than 10 minutes. This week they are talking about our Canadian Banks and how well they are doing. They are not the only one. There are some tailwinds for the Banks, including Canadian Real Estate market and provisions for credit losses as explained in an Financial Post article.

There are good reports on our Banks. There is one Royal Bank in a Toronto Star article. An article in the Globe and Mail talks about the Scotiabank saying that "Flush with record results, Scotiabank looks to more acquisitions". There is another article in the Globe and Mail talking about TD Bank with a heading of "TD profit beats forecasts as Canadian, U.S. units boost bottom line". And lastly the globe and Mail reports on BMO with "BMO profit tops forecasts; hikes dividend". There can be a problem getting into some Globe and Mail articles.

The Financial Post also has articles starting with "Scotiabank profit climbs 14% to record $1.8B on strong Canadian retail lending and wealth management". There is one for TD Bank with headline of "TD Bank profit jumps 16% as takeovers lift retail banking results". In the Financial Post, the news in the second quarter is not as good for CIBC when an article talks about the profit plummeting because of Caribbean charges. In a Financial Post article the talk on BMO is a profit hike and a dividend hike.

Our Canadian newspapers can sometimes be extremely annoying. In the above links, sometimes I got in and sometimes I was asked to sign up and pay for digital versions.

On my other blog I am today writing about Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. (TSX-RET.A, OTC-RTMAF)...continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment