Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mission Statements

One of the things that I will be looking for in the stocks that I review this year is a mission statement. What I am looking for is a statement that the company wants to do well by their customers, employees, and community and thereby earn shareholders a reasonable return.

So far on the 7 companies I have looked at this year, including 4 of our biggest Canadian banks, I can find nothing on their site that says mission statement. For one company I looked at I could find no statements at all that hit any of these points.

For most companies so far I have basically pieced together what they have said that covers what I am looking for. Mission statements have been around a long time now. I find it rather shocking that I am having a hard time finding any such thing on the sites I have looked at.

On my other blog I am today writing about Bank of Nova Scotia (TSX-BNS, NYSE-BNS) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment