Monday, September 14, 2015

Update Notes

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely.

Automodular Corp. (TSX-AM.H, OTC-AMZKF)

This company is now listed on NEX Exchange with Symbol of AM.H. I got an offer from the company in which they offer to buy shares worth up to $15M at a price of $2.55 to $2.65 per share. I have until September 17, 2015 to decide. They cannot buy all outstanding shares.

I do not plan to submit my shares. I only have 500 and I want to see where this goes. It is interesting that the shares are trading at just $1.88. There is a news release on this on Automodular's site.

Barclays PLC (NYSE-BCS)

I have this British stock as an ADR on the US New York exchange. Dividends are done differently than in Canada and US. Here I get a big dividend as the first dividend of the year and then three smaller dividends. The bank talks about three equal payments and a final one in the New Year because of financial results of the prior year.

Some sites are showing the annual dividend on this stock moving from $0.40 US$ last month to $0.46 US$ this month. I looked at Barclay's web site and there is no indication of any dividend increase and the current annual dividend of £0.065 translates to $0.40 US$ at the current exchange rate of 1.5194 for US$ to UK£. So I am not changing my spreadsheet.

Colliers International Group Inc. (TSX-CIG, NASDAQ-CIGI)

This company was just spun off of First Service Corp. They have changed their dividends from a quarterly dividend of $0.40 per year to a semi-annual one of $0.08 US$ per year. As far as I can see they have paid two dividends of $0.10 US$ this year and the next dividend will be paid in January 2016 for $0.04 US$

Exchange Income Corp. (TSX-EIF, OTC-EIFZF)

What caught my eye on this stock is that just after the dividend rate was given a payout ratio of 2208.53%. I looked at my spreadsheet and the Dividend Payout Ratio for EPS for 2012 and 2013 were 130% and 400%. I have not yet updated my spreadsheet for 2014 financials. Apparently the 12 month EPS to the last quarter is negative. For this year EPS is expected to be quite good.

EPS for 2014 was $0.37 and the estimate still for 2015 is good at $1.65 but will not cover dividends. The dividends to be paid out in 2015 are in total $1.82. The dividends for 2016 now stand at $1.92 the full new rate and in 2016 EPS estimate is $2.16.

Cash Flow per Share for 2013 was negative and so did not cover dividends. CFPS for 2014 was at $4.51 so at least this will cover the dividends.

On my other blog I am today writing about Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. (TSX-ATD.B, OTC-ANCUF) ... continue...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment