Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Blogging in 2016

I will be changing my approach to blogging on stocks next year. I think my blog entries are too long and they take up too much of my time. For 2016, I will only have one blog entry on each stock. Of course, if I review a stock that I have never before reviewed, I will do a 2 pager on that stock.

I plan to blog about stocks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week on my Investment Talk blog. I will write something in this blog called Investing, Economics Mostly on Tuesday and Thursday each week.

Instead of talking about a number of different things about a stock I will structure my blogs about stocks. I plan to start as usual in discussing dividends, their growth, their yield and if the company can afford to pay them. I will mention, if applicable, if shareholders should focus per share values or not because of increase or decrease in shares. I will look to see if the company has a strong or weak balance sheet. I will talk about anything that catches my eye when I update or review a spreadsheet. (At least this is the plan at present.)

I used to talk a lot about the current stock price and if it was good or not by doing at least 4 tests. I plan to cut back on this. I will talk about the current stock price using P/E Ratios and how they compare to historical P/E Ratios. Most analysts focus on stock price based on P/E Ratio, so I may also look at another method to determine if the stock price is reasonable or not.

I will continue to publish my list of stocks each month to check on the stock price relative to the historical dividend yield. I will only talk about dividend yield testing for a stock if for some reason this testing does not apply to a stock.

By this new schedule, I am hoping to save time for other things.

On my other blog I am today writing about Methanex Corp. (TSX-MX, NASDAQ-MEOH) ... learn more...

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. Follow me on Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan. So glad you are able to continue, and hope you have some time for some fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seem like good stuff. Cannot wait to read! :-)

    ReplyDelete