Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Update Notes

When I review stock price and dividends each month, I also take the opportunity to look at a bit closer at some of the stocks I cover. These some of the stocks I looked at more closely.

Automodular Corp.

My stock Automodular Corp. (TSX-AM.H, OTC-AMZKF) has again buying up stocks on the open market. See the Press Release. This time they have not said at what price.

Barclays PLC

Barclays PLC (LSE-BARC, NYSE-BCS) has dropped in price a lot at almost 25%. This has to be expected because of Brexit. There is a message about this on Barclays site. They say that they will continue to deliver the Barclays of the future.

HNZ Group Inc.

HNZ Group Inc. (TSX-HNZ, OTC-CDHPF) announced that it is taking steps to improve the liquidity for its variable voting shares by aggregating the trading of its common and variable voting shares under a single ticker on the Toronto Stock Exchange symbol of HNZ.A. This replaces symbols of HNZ.A and HNZ.B.

Progressive Waste Solutions

The stock of Progressive Waste Solutions (NYSE-BIN) has amalgamated with Waste Connections. Because the old shareholders of Progressive Waste Solutions only get .4815 of a share of the new company, their dividend actually fall from 1.09% dividend yield of last month to a 0.54% dividend yield in this month. See the news release about this merger. As per a news release the change is expected to occur on June 1, 2016.

I am glad I sold by Progressive Waste Solutions stock. I would have ended up with an old lot of stocks and, more importantly, a stock with a dividend below 1%.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Inter Pipeline Ltd. (TSX-IPL, OTC-IPPLF)... learn more. Tomorrow, I will write about TMX Group Ltd (TSX-X, OTC-TMXXF)... learn more on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 before 9 am. (I am going out boating for the day.)

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment