Thursday, October 17, 2019

Money Show 2019 – Steve Hawkins

Steve Hawkins in the opening remarks. His talk was called “2019 Canadian ETF Industry Update”. He is the President and CEO of Horizons ETFs. His company’s site is here.

ETFs outsold Mutual Funds last year for the first time in 10 years. Horizons is the fourth largest seller of ETFs in Canada. It was the third issuer of ETFs. They have 3 line-ups, the first are Actively Managed Value and Growth Funds. These did not sell well at first but are now. New is the Bench Mark ETFs. They track stock indexes, currencies, and commodities. They are also tax efficient. They also have Beta Pro ETFs for short term investments for active traders.

The global growth in ETFs are high. ETFs are outselling Mutual Fuds as Mutual Funds are losing money. The number of ETF’s are growing rapidly. There is a lot of turmoil in the market place. Fees are going down. For active ETFs the Fees are around .55% and for passive they are under 0.20%.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Equitable Group Inc (TSX-EQB, OTC-EQGPF) ... learn more. Next, I will write North West Company (TSX-NWC, OTC-NWTUF) ... learn more on Friday, October 18, 2019 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment