Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Money Show 2019 – Kevin Bidner

Kevin Bidner spoke in a Saturday, September 21, 2019 morning session. His talk was called “Profiting from the Coming Disruption in One of the World’s Largest Industries: Travel”. He is CEO and Founding Partner of The Hotel Communications Network. His company’s site is here.

HCN – The Hotel com network is digital communications. The web site is here. There are 17M hotel rooms worldwide with 20% of them with a tablet in the guest room. Global Network has a market plan to have a tablet in each room. They are Amazon for travel. The Hotel operation creates big data to meet the needs of clients. It is all about personalizing the client’s business.

Travel is the biggest industry in the world. There is a vacuum and hoteliers need a tech update. The travel industry needs to change. Hotels are way behind in tech. The hotel download APPs are not being used. There needs to be retooling for Millennials with the oldest of them being 35. Hotels have books and telephone books. Where there are tablets, 85% of guest picks up the tablets. The Millennials are the largest group in history.

They have short-term profit and long term strategies. They are pre-IPO at $0.35 a share. It will be 12 to 14 months for the IPO from the end of next year.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Stantec Inc (TSX-STN, NYSE-STN) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Methanex Corp (TSX-MX, NASDAQ-MEOH) ... learn more on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment