Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Life Insurance

This article on Money Sense talks about Life Insurance.

I worked at Life Insurance companies in Toronto in IT. I do have Life Insurance. I bought one that was a plain vanilla type of Whole Life Insurance. I believe that you buy Life Insurance to have guaranteed money. The main reason I bought Life Insurance was a guaranteed payment on death that could be used to pay things like taxes due on my estate.

I know that companies went into things like Universal Life type policies because interest rates rose sharply in the last 1970’s and insurance companies were not willing to guaranteed interest rates about the historical background rate of 3%. I am sure Life Insurance has changed over the years because I have not worked in a Life Insurance company since 1999.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Artis REIT (TSX-AX.UN, OTC-ARESF) ... learn more. Next, I will write about Dorel Industries Inc (TSX-DII.B, OTC-DIIBF) ... learn more on Wednesday, July 20, 2022 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment