Thursday, October 19, 2023

Investing Newsletters

There is an interesting article on Investing Newsletters on Money Sense recently.

I do not think that most newsletters provide much help for investors. It is said that the only people making money on Investing Newsletters are the people putting out the investing newsletters. The only one I ever recommended was the Investment Reporter, but this has gone out of business. I know a number of people in my one of my investment clubs have said good things about 5i Research , but I have no personal knowledge or experience with this site.

What you can do is get some names of companies from Top 100 dividend stocks from Money Sense or Top 100 Canadian Stocks again from Money Sense. Then, it would be wise to see what others are saying about any stock you are interested. I use Stock Chase or Yahoo Finance. When I look for stock information on Stock Chase or Yahoo Finance, I use google and put in the name of the company then Stockchase or Yahoo Finance. It is an easier way to get information. I also look for information on stocks on Market Screener.

Another thing to do is join an Investment Club. In Canada, for Retired people there are Probus Clubs. See Probus Canada website for these clubs in your neighbourhood.

On my other blog I wrote yesterday about Brookfield Corp (TSX-BN, NYSE-BN) ... learn more. Next, I will write about CCL Industries Inc (TSX-CCL.B, OTC-CCDBF) ... learn more on Friday, October 20, 2023 around 5 pm.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only and is not to provide investment advice. I am not a licensed professional investment advisor. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. I do research for my own edification and I am willing to share. I write what I think and I may or may not be correct.

See my site for an index to these blog entries and for stocks followed. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk. The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter. I am on Instagram. Or you can just Google #walktoronto spbrunner8166 to see my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment